Website Xcel Energy
Standard Operations Position. Provide end-to-end project management, leadership and coordination for large complex projects or as a part of a transformational project work stream with responsibility for project scope, schedule, cost and risk management. Ensure alignment of financial and operational goals between projects and the business unit.
- Provides technical feedback and guidance based on due diligence reviews to the negotiation team during the project acquisition phase.
- Assists in the assembly, coordination and guidance of project due diligence teams.
- Provides weekly report updates and specific project development updates on a regular bases and upon short notice.
- Has in depth knowledge of calculating net capacity factors (NCF) for renewable technologies.
- Provides and reviews the technical data and project overall development and construction strategy for regulatory filings and testimony.
- Works with internal and external resources to develop and optimize the project technology, plant layout, net capacity factor or other aspects to deliver cost affective energy projects.
- Supports the development of renewable projects from concept through initial design phases.
- Supports a seamless handoff with the construction group to minimize gaps between project development and execution.
- Supports the development of efficient and cost effective project layouts by coordinating with internal and external resources (engineering, construction, environmental or other key stakeholders) during the project development phase.
- Assists and provides guidance to the project estimator during the due diligence phase based on information gathered from the due diligence and construction teams to develop conceptual and final budgetary estimates.
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and work within a diverse, cross-functional team environment.
- Vendor/contract management experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence others, informal leadership experience and training skills preferred.
- 5-7 years’ experience in project management and process improvement; some formal project management training preferred.
- Knowledge of project planning and business need justification process and methodology.
- Minimum 8 years work experience in operations, technology, finance, or comparable function; utility experience preferred.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills; excellent written/verbal communications skills required.
- Understanding of core business processes/ industry trends with ability to interpret/apply ongoing changes .
- BS Engineering, Construction, Business, Information Technology or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience (6 years of experinece may substitute for a bachelor’s degree).
Company: Xcel Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
Application Deadline: N/A