Website Xcel Energy
Standard Operations Position. Supervise a high performing operations team while driving the safe, efficient and cost-effective use of resources according to policies and procedures. Assure safe, reliable, and compliant operations and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Operational Effectiveness: Responsible for crew productivity and quality of execution. Maintain a consistent presence in the work environment.
- Assist in removing barriers with pre-requisites, materials, stakeholder, and other issues. Align crew skills and availability to work activities through coordinators, planners, and schedulers, prioritizing customer satisfaction and reliability.
- Business Optimization & Strategy: Evaluate team performance based on operational efficiency, reliability and quality metrics; monitor trends, and take corrective action where appropriate. Ensure and reinforce the importance of process adherence and data integrity. Identify continuous improvement opportunities and drive adoption of process changes through effective communication of expectations and objectives.
- Talent Management: Recruit talented employees, establish clear performance expectations and effectively manage performance. Provide training, coaching and oversight and drive employee engagement. Provide input and leadership in addressing bargaining unit issues, grievances, corrective actions, and future development.
- Relationship Management: Build and maintain effective internal and external relationships. Be knowledgeable of necessary systems and resources to assist employees, other work groups, and/or customers and stakeholders.
- Enable crews to provide solutions to issues and improve customer/stakeholder satisfaction.
- Safety: Provide visible safety leadership and drive real time safety accountability by engaging employees/crew through safety meeting facilitation, job briefs, audits, training, accident investigation/event assessment, and job site observations.
- Work in close partnership with Safety Consultant.
- Operational knowledge of work and asset management and analytical/reporting applications.
- Associates or technical degree preferred.
- Three or more years in design, construction, operations, engineering or maintenance of utility systems/power generation plants or related industries/fields.
- Effective change leader with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate company/business area strategies and objectives to various stakeholders.
- Proven results at achieving performance and operational metrics and driving process adherence.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in specific functional area standards, procedures, and applicable government/environmental regulations.
Company: Xcel Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brighton, CO, US
Application Deadline: N/A