Website Waste Management
Roll-Off Drivers safely operates a heavy-duty truck and is responsible for preparing, loading, and transporting large mobile open top and compactor containers to disposal sites, transfer or recycle facilities and customer locations. Roll-Off Drivers will navigate driveways, alleyways, lots, high traffic roadways and may operate in tight overhead environments while on industrial routes. Highly skilled backing maneuvers are essential, to successfully perform this job.
- Communicates customer requests to Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Notifies Route Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions, including blocked containers, closed lots, street, alleyways or potential safety hazards.
- Immediately reports any unsafe situations or service related issues to Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Works closely with Route Managers to improve route efficiencies and identify best practices.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned equipment and documents checks on standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report.).
- Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings required by Waste Management or Route Manager.
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Waste Management Safety and Life Critical Rules. OSHA. (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation)
- requirements as well as all local, municipal, state, and federal laws.
- Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Identifies and reports all containers in need of repair or replacement
- Completes and submits customer tickets as required.
- Positions and / or returns container on the customer’s property in a manner that ensures lids and or doors are properly replaced, and do not block driveway entrances or traffic.
- Hold a current Class A or B Commercial ‘Drivers License with an air brake endorsement.
- One (1) year(s) of previous experience operating a vehicle requiring a CDL or equivalent military driving within the last seven (7) years.
- Commercial Drivers License B (CDL).
- Successfully complete pre-employment DOT drug screen and DOT physical.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Acceptable driving record required.
Company: Waste Management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Venice, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A