Website Waste Management
Manages the full fleet of primary and secondary equipment within the assigned area, in alignment with corporate objectives. Span of Control: 1 – 2 locations and /or 5 to 50 assets.
- Conducts and/or attends and contributes to periodic driver/safety meetings to maintain favorable working relationships among all employees and promote maximum morale, productivity, and efficiency.
- Reviews capital equipment requisitions in line with Corporate guidelines and objectives.
- Ensures maintenance shops are adequately staffed and mechanics are properly trained.
- Ensures the cleanliness and maintenance of the maintenance shops through regular inspections and preventive maintenance programs.
- Assists in budget process as required.
- Manages effective utilization of vehicle assets.
- Complies with and ensures adherence to Waste Management’s Mission to Zero standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient operations.
- Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
- Continually focuses on achieving market base profitability through effective management of all fleet and maintenance activities within the assigned area, including cost control, employee development, and high training and safety standards.
- Ensures safe and reliable vehicles are available to meet operational requirements.
- Meets all financial review dates and corporate directed programs in a timely fashion.
- Conducts fleet evaluations to ensure maintenance standards are met.
- Oversees personnel needs of the department including selecting, coaching, disciplining, and training employees and evaluating employee performance.
- Ensures vehicle management systems are effectively utilized.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (accredited), or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) or High School Equivalency and three (3) years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Three (3) years of relevant work experience as well as experience in a supervisory role (in addition to education requirement)
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Applicable experience may be substituted for education requirements.
Company: Waste Management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lake City, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A