As an Asylum Officer you are a crucial member of the Department of Homeland Security team tasked with defending our nation’s citizenship and immigration system. Typical assignments include:
- Write legal decisions on novel cases and test cases to clarify or address new aspects of USCIS policies and procedures.
- Adjudicate complex asylum cases including those involving national security and egregious public safety concerns, high profile cases, cases involving novel or unsettled areas of law, and cases involving specific vulnerable populations.
- Mentor Asylum Officers, providing critical technical assistance, guidance and advice for meeting or exceeding goals, standards and objectives.
- Work closely with USCIS Fraud Detection and National Security (FDNS) Officers, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) attorneys and agents, and other legal, law enforcement, and intelligence officials.
- Political appointees may require OPM approval before on-boarding
- You must submit resume and supporting documentation
- You must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. National to apply for this position
- You must pass a drug screening
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered with the Selective Service
- Successfully pass a Background Investigation including financial disclosure
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tampa, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A