Website TB HIV Care
To conduct out-reach activities in the PWID community by providing current accurate health information, mobilisation of PWID’s to access health services, and linkage to care services.
- Promote psychological support, referral to social services and follow-up
- Provide accurate health information to PWID/PWUD on harm reduction and safe injecting practices, HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis, TB, SRH and human rights
- Safely collecting used injecting equipment from sharps bins, outreach areas and community
- Distribution of harm reduction packs and safer sex commodities
- Link and or refer PWID/PWUD living with HIV or TB for treatment to the mobile nurse/ drop in centre or nearest health facility
- Ensure HIV negative PWID/PWUD are regularly tested and are encouraged to uptake PrEP as HIV prevention method.
- Peer educators should be ex or current people who have used or injected drugs as they are a ‘peer’ and have therefore experienced the context, and challenges faced by PWID/PWUD
- Able to read and write legibly in English
- Service delivery and client focused skills and/or experience
- Grade 10 or an equivalent
- Minimum 1 years’ work experience in the PWID Community or experience as a peer educator
- Able to provide HTS services and or drive the team to conduct outreach services.
Company: TB HIV Care
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A