Website State Of Texas
Performs complex managerial work administering the daily operations and activities of the TxHSN Application Support Team and the Training Deployment Team. Work involves establishing goals and objectives; developing guidelines, procedures, policies, rules, and regulations; developing schedules, priorities, and standards for achieving established goals; coordinating and evaluating Team activities.
- Establishes goals and objectives related to expenditure of federal and state funds for the purpose of infectious disease reporting and prevention.
- Develops and approves schedules and priorities for general revenue budgets, cooperative agreements, memoranda of agreement, and contracts managed by the Unit and prepares responses to audits and other reporting and monitoring requirements related to these activities.
- Develops and evaluates budget requests, monitors budget expenditures, and makes adjustments as necessary.
- Identifies areas of needed change and makes recommendations to improve operations related to management of general revenue budgets, cooperative agreements and contracts.
- Prepares and/or provides technical guidance related to legislative appropriations requests (LAR), fiscal impact statements, exceptional items, general revenue budgets, cooperative agreements and contracts managed by the Unit.
- Provides technical guidance related to infection prevention and control reporting.
- Guidance may involve preparation of rules to identify what and how to report, auditing reporting sources, developing operating procedures and guidelines, management of disease databases and electronic laboratory records, epidemiologic analyses of data, and generation of reports to
- Department programs and federal agencies. Identifies areas of needed change and makes recommendations to improve operations related to data reporting.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal laws and regulations relevant to infection prevention and control.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of public health administration and management.
- Ability to budget money, time, and resources in a public health setting
- Ability to administer federal grant application processes and contracting processes
- Ability to devise solutions to administrative problems
- Ability to plan, assign and supervise work of others
- Skill in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems in infectious disease reporting and use of Department resources.
- Skill in operating computers and applicable computer software, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Salesforce software
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to plan, assign, and supervise the work of others.
- Ability to facilitate and work in a team environment
- Ability to implement data surveillance and quality improvement programs
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple work assignments
- Ability to establish goals and objectives related to infectious disease reporting and prevention.
- Ability to develop and evaluate administrative policies and procedures related to infectious disease reporting and prevention.
Company: State Of Texas
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Austin, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A