Website State Of Texas
The Administrative Asst III position provides administrative and clerical support to the Statewide Intake (SWI) Contact Center of the Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS). Work involves monitoring contact center workloads and activities, scheduling, data entry, updating resource materials, organizing statistical data and maintaining the Workforce Management (WFM) System. Interacts with and provides customer service to SWI staff. Cross trains in other operations areas as needed.
- Interprets Statewide Intake Time and Leave policies and procedures to approve time off requests.
- Evaluates historical call volume and hold time data for Abuse Hotline calls, faxes, letters, and internet reporting queues.
- Edits or creates schedules and employee profiles in WFM software.
- Schedules meetings, conferences, trainings, and other work-related activities for Statewide Intake.
- May train new WFM staff and may cross train in other operations areas to ensure business continuity.
- Utilizes call management application reports and scheduling software data to assess hold time and workload volume.
- Monitors workload coverage for the Abuse Hotline using scheduling software data.
- Facilitates Random Moment Time Studies (RMTS) for Statewide Intake.
- Maintains and edits a daily supervisor staffing and floor support workload schedule.
- Knowledge of general office practices and administrative procedures.
- Knowledge of workforce management practices and workforce management software applications.
- Skill in analyzing work processes and identifying alternate approaches and solutions to improve department operations.
- Skill in operating computers, computer software, and general office equipment.
- Skill in communicating effectively, orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of SWI and DFPS general policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of contact center and customer care practices.
Company: State Of Texas
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Austin, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A