Starlink will provide high-speed broadband across the United States, and around the world. Telecommunication is a heavily regulated business. This position will provide strategic guidance for SpaceX advocacy to ensure regulations enable and protect the provision of this ground-breaking service.
- Draft pleadings, letters, and other advocacy pieces to promote SpaceX’s policy positions.
- Contribute to company satellite spectrum policy and outreach activities with government officials at all levels.
- Represent and promote the company positions before Federal administrations, regulators, legislatures, and regional organizations.
- Advocate to optimize prospective satellite and telecoms regulatory frameworks and policy environments in alignment with SpaceX business objectives.
- Develop and administer regulatory licensing application preparation, pursuit, and compliance requirements for system and service licensing.
- Direct regulatory practice to secure necessary U.S. licenses, regulatory compliance, and customer support for all SpaceX spacecraft, earth stations, and services for the Starlink program.
- Develop and advocate for broadband and spectrum policies that will further SpaceX’s business objectives and Starlink’s success.
- Develop strategic guidance for the company to navigate regulatory and policy changes.
- Support outreach activities with the U.S. Congress, U.S. States, and foreign governments.
- Support efforts to shape government subsidy programs, apply to participate in those programs, and understand necessary compliance.
- Juris Doctor degree.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the telecommunications sector.
- Knowledge of radiofrequency spectrum technology.
- Understanding of spectrum use and policies.
- Understanding of broadband policy, foreign and domestic.
- Experience working with the Federal Communications Commission.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A