We are currently recruiting for Complex Needs support workers for our Margate-based, Day Resource (for adults) and social clubs (for Children & Young People).
- Our ideal applicants will be passionate about working with people who have Learning Disabilities, in a person-centred way.
- We support individuals on the Autistic Spectrum and various other disabilities. As it is a Complex Needs Service, this can include individuals with high support needs regarding their health &/or behaviours that challenge.
- You will use a combination of ideas, initiative and creativity to be part of a Team that plan sessions and facilitate activities as well as working one to one with people to achieve great outcomes & personal goals.
- Compassionate and empathetic
- The ability to communicate clearly and sensitively with vulnerable people and their families.
- NVQ level 3 (or equivalent, or be willing to work towards)
- Care certificate
- Experience of implementing strategies for individuals who express their frustrations and needs through challenging behaviour, or be willing to learn these skills!
- An interest in people and a commitment to helping others.
- Competent IT skills
- Experience in a Care/Support role would be advantageous
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Margate, KwaZulu-Natal, SA
Application Deadline: N/A