Serco are recruiting for a Regional Fleet Manager to lead the direction, development and implementation of professional Fleet services and Workshops within the regional fleet model that will enable the achievement and robust delivery of business objectives.
- Maintain and keep updated the fleet inventory and asset register, including current asset locations, through FMS.
- Ensure the continual monitoring and review of Risk and COSHH assessments relative to the vehicle fleet and workshop activities, in consultation with the HSE team.
- Consult with the Contract Directors / Managers, ensure all drivers and vehicle support staff are issued with, and sign as having read/ understood, all relevant Road Transport CSOP’s,
- Driver Instructions and Fleet Briefing Notes.
- Ensure there is a driver qualification central data base within Fleet Management System which includes, driver licence, driver tachograph cards, DCPC, vehicle categories individuals are authorised to drive and any other associated driver training.
- Ensure the legislative obligations of the Operator’s Licence/s are fully complied with within their regional fleet area. In particular, the General Undertakings and the requirement for “continuous and effective control” by each Transport Manager/CPC holder of the operating centre/s always.
- Support contracts with the management, development, and implementation of a vehicle procurement and disposal programme reflecting their operational requirements.
- Ideally hold a recognised Fleet Engineering Certificate or have the required experience in fleet maintenance management
- Experience within the Waste and Recycling Industry would be advantageous.
- Have proven experience working as a Regional Fleet Manager or similar.
- You will possess the National Certificate of Professional Competence in Large Goods Vehicles and have a thorough understanding of UK and EU road transport legislation, including
- Goods MOT requirements and Construction and Use regulations.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A