The Iron catalyst plant Process Engineer I is part of the technical support team for the Catalyst manufacturing plants within the larger Wax value chain. The individual will be the responsible for process engineering plant support for the units on the Iron catalyst plant which also include the nitric acid- and effluent/salt plants. The process engineer will also implement projects and optimization initiatives to improve the safety/performance of the units.
- Improve plant reliability, volume and unit cost
- Give input into Technical Hazops, PFD and MFD reviews
- Define OWAP operating window in which the plants should be operated
- Ensure process integrity of equipment, inspections and recommendations of improvement opportunities during shutdowns
- Compliance with internal guidelines & policies e.g., MOC processes
- Support start up and commissioning of plant
- Give inputs into process engineering operating manuals, including start up and shutdown procedures as well as training manuals
- Provide process engineering support and input for small project process design
- Monitor and interpret performance on technical drivers, constraints and levers on plant level taking upstream and downstream units into account
- Define and manage process safety information.
- Ensure that process engineering fundamental tools are in place and relevant
- Experience on batch plant design/operation and sequence process control will be preferred
- 3+ relevant years (with Bachelor’s degree) and 2+ relevant years (with Master’s degree)
- Minimum BSc Eng. (Chem) or B Eng. (Chem).
- ECSA Candidate engineer
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sandton, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A