Sappi Southern Africa requires two Management Accountants (each based at Saiccor Mill and Stanger Mill) to ensure that accurate and timeous financial information is made available to all stakeholders and ensure that accurate product costing is done in line with budget. Managing the receivables, taxes and payments in the most efficient and cost-effective manner, focusing on system and staff productivity and ensuring efficiencies throughout the process.
- Responsible to ensure the correct payment, adjustments and reporting of all financial information for external and external transaction within agreed timelines.
- Preparation of general ledger reconciliations, following up and resolving reconciliation items
- Preparation of projected financial statements, budget, forecast or estimate
- Recording of Accruals and journals/standard journals; ensuring they are authorized and recorded correctly within the reporting period.
- Ensure the availability of accurate data, statistics, variable production costs and management reporting information.
- Maintenance of accounting controls and systems in compliance with prescribed accounting statements, internal control procedures and Sappi accounting policies, including the loading of data into Hyperion.
- Bank account reconciliation with daily allocations to Debtors Accounts
- Review, analyse and process all applicable daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly financial reports, management reports and statements and obtain approval where applicable.
- Recording of intercompany transactions. Confirmation of balances at month end.
- Monthly Tax Pack is completed for the Tax Department
- Analyse financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures, provide strategic recommendations and maintain solutions to business and financial problems
- Fixed Assets – Control capital expenditure and fixed asset register – completion of forms/entries only when required.
- SAP Experience preference
- Computer Literacy Microsoft Office
- 3 Years Post Graduate Experience in Financial Accounting, Management Accounting and Administration.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting or Finance
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Umhlanga, KwaZulu-Natal, SA
Application Deadline: N/A