Sappi Ngodwana Mill requires a Winder Operator to safely and efficiently operate the winder by assisting the winderman with duties, to ensure optimum production output and quality at the best cost with minimum downtime, rejections and waste.
- Eject the empty spool at the backstand and load new Jumbo into the backstand
- Remove all side runs via OTIS lift to the basement
- Assists Winderman by covering for Production Tracking System (PTS) and performing all necessary quality inspections.
- Identify and take corrective action in terms of SHEQ conditions and hazards
- Ensure sufficient amounts of cores in correct sizes are available at the winder during the shift
- Assist in operating the Overhead crane to load reels onto the unwind stand
- Maintain a high level of good housekeeping in the workplace at all times
- Push paper webs onto conveyor system in front of the winder
- Assists in unplanned/planned maintenance shut tasks as per instruction from the shift superintendent.
- Assist in feeding the paper through the winder
- Assist the winderman in preparing the section for start-up and shut down
- Assist in setting up slitter knives, check for blunt or damaged slitter knives and check drive drums and motors
- Grade 12 ( Maths and Science) or N3 Pulp and Paper
- Minimum 1 years’ experience working on a Paper Machine manufacturing process
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ngodwana, Mpumalanga, SA
Application Deadline: N/A