Sappi Saiccor Mill requires Sampler: Digesters x 2 to take and process pulp samples from each digester after pulp discharge and scan on the NIR Instrument and calibrate the NIR instrument on auto-request and troubleshoot the NIR instrument on error messages.
- Record the results and report them to the control room
- High pressure press the sample in the pressor as laid out in the NIR Operating procedure
- Change the desiccant on the NIR Instrument once a month as per the laid NIR operating procedure
- Scan the sample on both sides of the NIR instrument as laid out in the NIR Operating instructions
- Process Pulp samples which are delivered from the wash pits according to the method laid out in the Operating Instructions
- Take Pulp samples from the Digesters as directed by the Cook Controller by using the method described in the Operating Instructions
- Calibrate the NIR Instrument as per auto-calibration request using the NIR Operating procedure
- Take pulp samples down to the Laboratory and deliver them to the Laboratory Analyst.
- Inform the Cook Controller of any suspect pulp samples, e.g. raw, burnt
- Dry the sample in the oven as laid out in the NIR operating procedure.
- Air-dry the sample as laid out in NIR operating procedure
- Collect chemicals from the Laboratory that are used in the sample preparation
- Process pulp samples from each digester which are the portion of the sample collected for viscosity sample according to the laid NIR Operating instruction.
- 1 – 2 years work experience
- Previous experience in a laboratory environment will be advantageous
- In compliance with the Department of Employment and Labour’s directive of 11th June 2021, Sappi’s risk assessment has identified this role as requiring mandatory Covid-19 vaccination as an inherent requirement of the job.
- Minimum of NQF level 4 qualification (Matric) with Mathematics and Physical Science
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Umkomaas, KwaZulu-Natal, SA
Application Deadline: N/A