The incumbent must be able to consistently perform all the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Exhibit a high level interest in animal welfare.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of animals.
- Follow owner’s instructions and/or Breed Profiles/Standards when clipping or trimming an animal’s coat.
- In partnership with the Guest Experience Leader, provides and properly maintains clippers, blades, and other hand tools required to perform grooming services.
- Complete personal & salon partners’ daily grooming sales paperwork(s).
- Interact professionally and effectively through verbal and written communication with internal and external partners and guests.
- Professionally manages and performs grooming services including brushing, bathing, ear and teeth cleaning, expression of anal glands, & trimming nails.
- Ensure Grooming Salon cleanliness, performs routine housekeeping to maintain appearance of the Grooming Salon to Petco standards.
- Adhere to Veterinary Protocol for all sick animals.
- Supervise the daily operations of the grooming salon.
- Adhere to and promotes established safety procedures and maintenance of clean, safe and healthy environment for store partners, guests and animals.
- Review all grooming partners’ paperwork(s) daily to ensure the proper sales are recorded on each pet before turning in to the store leader.
- Order supplies as necessary for the grooming salon.
- Assist with building the grooming business (IE: Reminder calls, Book-a-Bath, 3 With Me… Greet guests on the sales floor and or during vaccination clinics to promote grooming services).
- Adhere to loss prevention policies.
- Provide courteous service to all guests by utilizing the GUEST+ Model in the salon.
- Ensure the salon is staffed and properly trained to offer grooming services during all hours of operations.
- Ensure the health and well-being of live animals by providing the correct care in accordance with the established Petco standards, policies and procedures.
- Directly supervise the Grooming Salon partners.
- The majority of job duties are conducted indoors in the grooming salon.
- Position requires bending, kneeling, lifting (up to 50 pounds, as necessary) and standing for long periods of time.
- A large amount of this partner’s time will be spent in direct contact with our guests and their dogs and the remaining time will be with the other salon and store partners.
- The work environment can be noisy and wet.
- Improper use of safety equipment and/or not following proper lifting techniques may pose of risk of injury to customers, pets, and store personnel.
- Follow all safety precautions and procedures.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dublin, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A