Website North West University
To be the first point of contact to employees and management on HR related queries and to provide prompt, accurate and thorough assistance in line with the People & Culture Service Charter. To execute HR core processes in line with People and Culture and NWU strategy. Maintain healthy people relations and develop effective working relationships with staff, management and unions.
- Provide excellent customer service and maintain effective stakeholder relations.
- Support, execute and monitor HR processes in the assigned areas/ divisions aligned to overall People and Culture strategy.
- Coordinate and compile monthly, quarterly and yearly reporting aligned to strategic metrics including trend analysis and recommendations.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with adherence to HR practices, policy & SOP.
- Execute HR value chain and core processes from talent management, benefits, culture and transformation to wellness.
- Consult and advise managers and staff on various day-to-day HR practices.
- Drive risk management and compliance
- Collaborate with Centres of compliance within People and Culture unit and managers in faculties and support divisions on campus to ensure cohesive and coordinated services to staff.
- Knowledge of general Human Resources principles, practices and procedures
- Five (5) years’ operational experience as HR Generalist
- Membership with IPM and or South African Board for People Practises is desirable
- Strategic thinking
- Knowledge and execution of HR operational system is desirable
- Analytical thinking
- Bachelors’ Degree in Human Resources or Related Field (NQF Level 7)
- In depth knowledge of HR business partner processes as it applies to the organisational context
- Honours degree in Human resource management is desirable.
- Knowledge of talent management principles, practices, philosophies and procedures
Company: North West University
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Potchefstroom, North West, SA
Application Deadline: N/A