Develop new products and improve existing products, ingredients, and processes by applying technical, Food Science and culinary skills. Capable of working at a rapid pace to respond to external and internal demands while simultaneously handling multiple project requirements. Possesses the ability to interact effectively with Marketers, Chefs, the technical community, and co-manufacturers to develop relevant and timely Nestle Professional Custom products.
- Maintain and improve technical, culinary, and professional skills through completion of appropriate training and activities.
- Participate in team and departmental activities (taste panels, meetings, committees, task forces)
- Generate value analysis/process improvement ideas on an ongoing basis.
- Utilize computer systems (recipe, nutritional databases, HACCP, departmental systems)
- Maintain precise and appropriate documentation to support development and commercialization of assigned products.
- Coordinate product development and commercialization activities within immediate work team and within cross-functional groups (planning bench test work, resource management, communication of key deliverables/outcomes)
- Assist in training of new hires and be able to provide clear and concise direction to technicians regarding daily test work.
- Plan, execute, evaluate and accurately document test work to optimize product design of assigned projects.
- Develop working relationships with key suppliers, Marketing, Sales, R & D, Commercialization and Manufacturing Services contacts
- Requires ability to cover production start-ups across all shifts.
- 3-5 years food industry experience with Master of Food Science or Technology degree or 5-7 years food industry
- Must be comfortable working in food manufacturing and culinary environments.
- Requires the ability to travel at approximately 10%.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Food Science or related field.
- Must be able to work on technical challenges with suppliers and customers.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Solon, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A