Website Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company
This role is a catalyst in advancing Nationwide’s strategy. This will be a fast paced, dynamic environment that will drive the value of partnerships both inside Nationwide and in the market. The role will be responsible for developing and executing partnerships within an industry vertical to advance Nationwide’s broader enterprise strategies.
- Strategy Development – Contribute to the development of partnership strategies and specific target partners based on the industry vertical market opportunity, product readiness, business appetite and partner readiness.
- Internal Constituent Management – Serve as daily points of contact and facilitators of collaboration with marketing, product, and distribution teams across Nationwide vital for the success of partnerships.
- Industry vertical knowledge, external network and partnership trends – Conduct primary and secondary research within a specific industry vertical to support the team’s acquisition of deep industry expertise. Begin to develop an external network in collaboration with other team members. Monitors and reports on trends in the vertical to the rest of the team.
- Business Case Development: Work in an agile environment with a cross functional team to develop partnership business cases and learning objectives that align to customers’ unique needs / interests and build a sustainable competitive advantage for Nationwide. This will include multi-year strategic and robust financial proforma outlining the value and investment to build out the partnership.
- Deal Close and Contract Execution: Provide support with execution of a number of deals each year that bring value through the acquisition of new capabilities, new customers or other points of value. Responsible for conducting analyses, preparing materials, and brainstorming options to assist with the development and implementation of a data driven negotiation approach.
- Partner Evaluation, Engagement and Relationship Development: Evaluate potential partners for fit across the filters highlighted in the strategy. Support the team’s engagement of target partners through research, material preparation, and where appropriate, communication with the partners themselves. Prepare quantitative and qualitative analyses of incoming requests for partnerships to assist with Nationwide’s evaluation of strategic fit. As assigned and appropriate, begin to cultivate and maintain relationships toward mutually beneficial outcomes once partners are identified.
- Experience: 5 – 7years proven experience in developing and managing new business opportunities, contributing to the implementation and execution of business plans, financial planning & analysis, and/or program management
- Reporting Relationships: Reports to Director or AVP. Individual contributor who may have the opportunity to manage a team of up to 3 associates. Serves as project lead.
- Knowledge, Abilities and Skills: Proven knowledge of marketing, business development, and business information analysis concepts. Solid understanding of budgeting, forecasting, and financial analysis. Knowledge of insurance products, financial services, and distribution channels. Familiarity with product terminology, processes, and insurance practices.
- Other criteria, including leadership skills, competencies and experiences may take precedence.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or closely related field, MBA strongly preferred.
- Staffing exceptions to the above must be approved by the hiring manager’s leader and HR Business Partner.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills. Ability to influence peers without authority to drive adoption and support. Ability to develop business strategies and tackle sophisticated problems. Ability to build strong relationships internally and externally. Strong financial and analytical skills for business case development and results analysis, Computer Usage: Excel, Power Point, Word, People
Company: Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Columbus, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A