The Corporate Actuarial team comprises of a good blend of experience and youth, with a focus on development and knowledge share. The team culture is one of collaboration, focus, excellence, flexibility, innovation, and open communication. Using technology, we continuously strive to improve processes to enhance insights and understanding through the application of actuarial skills.
- Keeping actuarial models up to date with legislative and/or regulatory requirements and changes (both locally per country and internationally), for example IFRS17 and SAM.
- Embedded Value calculations for in-force and new business
- Reserving calculations on statutory and reporting bases
- Providing ad-hoc support to the valuation production teams
- Solvency Capital Requirements (SAM/CAR)
- Analysis of Surplus and change in Embedded Values
- Ongoing review, validation and optimisation of the modelling and valuation processes
- Asset-liability modelling
- Previous modelling experience in either Prophet or Risk Agility will be an advantage.
- Previous experience in the Corporate Actuarial valuations environment will be an advantage.
- Nearly or newly qualified actuary.
- Minimum of 3 years actuarial experience required.
- Intermediate SQL knowledge will be an advantage, although not essential.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A