The Retirement & Income Solutions US Pension Pricing team is seeking an Actuarial Consultant to support its responsibilities and to assist in transforming its operating environment. Core responsibilities include pricing of pension risk transfer transactions, mortality experience analyses and developing customized solutions for corporate clients.
- Maintain/update tools used for PRT mortality development: generic mortality, MED models, blending, etc.
- Perform PRT annuity pricing: Responsibilities include review of defined benefit plan documents/summary and understand plan provisions; analyze participant level data; set actuarial assumptions within company guidelines; perform actuarial calculations and sensitivity analysis; analyze profitability; review investment portfolios for appropriateness; review offer letters and contracts for consistency with pricing assumptions
- Develop pricing financial metrics and present reports to Management
- Make recommendations on refining current processes to enhance the quality of work & improve efficiency
- Provide actuarial support to internal partners (i.e. Implementation & Global Operations) on all pricing issues
- Complete special projects and act as a resource to internal partners on actuarial issues
- Perform post-sales pricing related functions, such as creating individual cost listing, analyzing price variance, handling amendment calculations, etc.
- Analyze case-specific Pension Risk Transfer (PRT) mortality experience (MED) and plan features to develop best estimate assumptions, present assumption recommendations to Risk and Actuarial for approval
- Collaborate with the Contract team to develop a comprehensive bid letter and term sheet for each case and contracts after the sale
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, actuarial science or related discipline
- ASA required.
- Good communication skills
- Excellent analytical and spreadsheet skills
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Access, Visual Basic, C++ or other programming languages)
- High degree of business and financial acumen
- Experience with Prophet
- 3+ years of actuarial experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A