Website State of Maryland
The main responsibilities of this position are to assist in the provision of school-based health services including direct patient care including performing venipuncture for obtaining blood specimens, as well as performing duties to support the operations at school-based wellness centers throughout Howard County. This position is considered essential for emergencies.
- Maintains patients’ electronic medical records, including enrolling students, verifying that the consent forms have been signed in required places by parents or guardians and scanning enrollment forms, laboratory results and other medical information into children’s electronic medical records (including vaccines obtained elsewhere) and updating demographic, health insurance, and other information, as needed.
- Enters vaccines administered into the Maryland Immunet database within 2 work days and documents on vaccine logs.
- Enters social security numbers, primary care providers’ names, and health insurance information into patients’ demographic page in EMR.
- Provides program administration, nurse practitioner, and school nurse with current list of program enrollees.
- Supports billing and reimbursement processes by verifying coverage through the EVS on the day of the appointment and contacting families as needed for information on insurer, identification numbers, including Medical Assistance number, and coverage.
- Also contact health insurance company, as needed for billing. Patient’s health insurance information is added to the EMR and if the child is uninsured, his or her information is sent to the program’s administrative assistant for referral to the Access to Care Program.
- Employees in this classification located in facilities that provide long term care for the aged may be required to possess or obtain a Geriatric Aide certificate.
- Valid CPR certification
- Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
- Valid Certified Nursing Assistant certification
- Some employees in this classification may be required to operate vans which require a specific motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
- Minimum of 6 months of experience in healthcare setting providing direct patient care to a pediatric population
- Experience in performing phlebotomy in children ages 4 years to 18 years
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Experience maintaining database(s) and data quality control (e.g. Entering data into an electronic medical record)
- Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current certificate as a Nursing Assistant from the Maryland State Board of Nursing OR within sixty days from the date of hire and prior to performing delegated nursing tasks, must have successfully completed a Board of
- Nursing approved Nursing Assistant training program and received certification as a Nursing Assistant from the Board of Nursing.
Company: State of Maryland
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Maryland, United States
Application Deadline: N/A