The Buyer is responsible for driving sales, margin, turn and growth across both channels in area of responsibility and supporting total company objectives. This position is responsible for managing pre-season and in-season assortment building, including assortment selection and assortment driver strategies.
- Decide on in-season changes to make for the department and vendors based on sales, margin and turn forecast from Financial Planning.
- Review category, class, and item performance analysis done by Associate and Assistant Buyer and determine in-season item level changes and re-order opportunities.
- Partner with Financial Planning and Merchandise Planning to ensure department level financial targets support assortment strategy.
- Evaluate and discuss trends for the upcoming season in partnership with Fashion Office and key vendors; recommend key trends and opportunities.
- Develop pre-season assortment vision that ties to company key priorities and insights from Digital, Private Brands and Planning Director counterparts.
- Lead and manage development of assortment, including assortment selection and assortment strategies, which support the high level assortment vision and maximize sales, margin, and turnover.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Develop and maintain strong vendor relationships.
- Partner with Private Brands and Merchandise Planning to build assortment vision to guide product development strategy, color/sizing opportunities, test new products/categories, and alignment on marketing/digital strategy.
- In partnership with Financial Planning, present ROF strategy and plan for resolution of problems.
- Knowledge of MS Office computer programs are required
- Practices open and continuous communication, values keeping others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear, concise manner.
- Ability to think creatively, strategically and technically
- Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year college or university
- 5+ years related experience
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs.
- Ideally, 5-plus years of experience in retail, catalogue or ecommerce buying.
- Excellent leadership, facilitation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across functional lines and at many levels.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A