The Head Cashier is responsible for providing excellent customer service during the checkout process. This associate is likely the last interaction with our customer before leaving the store and needs to ensure the customer is satisfied and encouraged to come back to Lowe’s.
- Delivering a checkout experience that is quick, professional, and friendly.
- Ensuring merchandise is accurately scanned and meets the needs of the customer.
- Engaging in safe work practices and encouraging others to do the same.
- 1 year of experience identifying and selling products based on customer needs, including credit cards, installations, add-on sales, protection plans, and explaining warranties, product features, and benefits.
- 6 months experience working in any department at a Lowe’s retail store.
- 6 months experience using common retail technology, such as smart phones and tablets.
- 1 year of supervisory experience in any field, including directing, delegating, evaluating, training, and coaching employees.
- 6 months of retail experience detecting common signs of shoplifting (e.g., merchandise hidden inside of containers, merchandise under carts, price labels switched).
- Ability to obtain sales related licensure or registration as may be required by law.
- 1 year of retail experience as a cashier.
- 1 year of experience as a head cashier.
- 6 months of experience using a computer, including inputting, accessing, modifying, or outputting information.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Indianapolis, IN, US
Application Deadline: N/A