As a senior software developer you will be a key contributor to one or more highly interactive product teams. You’ll spend your time meeting with your leadership team, gathering and understanding product requirements, proposing solutions, presenting ideas and building elegant software.
- Demonstrate and commonly use more advanced algorithms and designs to simplify and improve system performance or maintainability.
- Enthusiastically pursue additional training and understanding of new technologies that may be relevant to the Digital Platforms team. Advise management on strategies for use of new technologies.
- Implement utilities to support future development on the software, customer/business activities and maintenance of the production environment.
- Software architecture and design
- Be a subject matter expert for our client applications, backend services and business.
- Integration essaying
- Work collaboratively with Principal Architects on new concepts and architecture.
- Participate in code reviews with staff as necessary to ensure a high quality, performant product.
- Create, build and maintain software solutions using a variety of modern technologies.
- Design solutions (verses only complete assigned tickets and maintenance tasks).
- Invent flexible solutions to disputing technical problems that are adaptable and scalable to future business needs.
- Mentor other developers/application engineers in methodologies, design patterns, software architecture.
- Conquer more complicated development tasks – contribute to > 75% of the very difficult assignments.
- Collaborate with the broader Digital Platforms team including the leadership team, quality assurance professionals, designers, business analysts and other software engineers in an open, creative environment.
- Object-oriented development
- Contribute to the design, architecture and final implementation of Starz’s and Lionsgate’s TVE platforms.
- Contribute to all aspects of the software creation process:
- Take troubleshooting and debugging to the next level by implementing tools/products alongside the operations and support teams.
- Post-deployment production support and troubleshooting
- Self-manage smaller projects in partnership with our UX and Client Development Teams by providing technical leadership.
- Unit essaying/test-driven development
- 5+ years agile software development experience.
- 8-10+ years experience in an enterprise or consumer software development environment.
- Ability to write clean, readable, maintainable code.
- High degree of competency in core software development concepts.
- Experience working with analytics platforms a plus.
- Strong knowledge of cloud environments (Amazon, Google, Azure)
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Must possess excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills which will be used to diagnose, debug and solve issues.
- Experience with at least one enterprise level database system (Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL).
- Experience with modern frameworks and design patterns, minimum five years’ experience with a MVC paradigm.
- Strong knowledge of Java
- Experience with Python a plus.
- Strong programming skill creating internet-scale REST web services using JAXB, Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate, J2EE, Docker, Linux and low-level JVM internals including garbage collection algorithms, etc.
- Experience with NoSQL (Cassandra, DynamoDB) a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar discipline is preferred
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Englewood, CO, US
Application Deadline: N/A