Website Lincoln Financial
This position will provide technical leadership, strategic vision, subject matter expertise and direction on complex projects/initiatives for their assigned area(s) of responsibility. This position will function as a technology leader in the data center networking and virtualization technology architecture, design and delivery for all co-location and data center locations.
- Provide advanced knowledge to configure, manage and maintain enterprise co-location and data center networks, network security (segmentation/micro-segmentation), hardware, software, configuration and services including; Cisco Nexus/Catalyst/ACI, VMware/VXLAN/NSX, Dell/EMC and integration with Amazon Services (IaaS). Develop and deliver network and hyper-converged infrastructure automation, “infrastructure as code”, using tools such as Ansible, Puppet and Python programming languages.
- Translate business strategies into data center, network, and converged infrastructure strategies. Design and execute for both internally and externally hosted solutions. Establish governing principles for all related co-location, data center and converged infrastructure solutions and manage complex infrastructure and application environments, providing architecture and engineering leadership.
- Provide advanced knowledge to configure, manage and maintain data center underlay / overlay technologies and services in the co-location and data center facilities delivering on the converged and hyper-converged infrastructure requirements. Establish and expand the software defined data center capabilities and functionality to benefit the stability and performance of the on-premises infrastructure.
- Provide advanced knowledge to configure, manage and maintain Equinix Cloud Exchange/Cloud Fabric services in the co-location facilities delivering private and direct peering capabilities with multiple networks, SaaS and IaaS providers including integration and dependencies with on-premises platforms and user traffic patterns. Expand the leverage of the co-location facilities to support public, private and cloud integrations.
- Lead research, proposal, design, architecture and implementation of the enterprise co-location, data center networking platforms and support for converged and hyper-converged compute, network and storage solutions. This will include enterprise co-location and data center network physical and logical design, Local Area Network (LAN/VLAN/VXLAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) features supporting converged infrastructure, TCP/IP application traffic, BGP Routing, Quality of Service (QoS) and IP Multicast. Additionally, the ability to lead design, architect, and implement AWS DCX, TGW connectivity solutions a plus.
- Dell/EMC compute and storage platforms including physical and logical network requirements and features
- Cisco Nexus, Cisco Catalyst, Cisco ACI, MPLS WAN / IP Addressing /SDN /SD-WAN designs and implementations
- Internet connectivity design, technologies, and solutions
- Cisco IP Network and Network Security Solutions and infrastructure, BGP routing design and implementation
- Equinix Cloud Exchange/Cloud Fabric, Equinix Network Edge, Amazon Direct Connect, Microsoft ExpressRoute
- VMWare virtualization including; VXLAN, NSX and NSX-T
- 4 Year/Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience (10+ years of experience in lieu of Bachelor’s) in Enterprise Data Center Networking and Virtualization architecture, design and implementation as related to data center network technologies, services and converged infrastructure that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position (Required) including the following technologies;
Company: Lincoln Financial
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Greensboro, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A