Website Waste Management
This position requires an individual with ambition and curiosity as well as engineering technical skills. You will be tasked to apply your education and experience to assignments under the mentorship of experienced technical staff and managers. You will expand your understanding of waste management processes, including landfill operations.
- Procures and directs professional consulting firms engaged in preparing regulatory documents, such as permit applications, for adherence to regulatory requirements and consistency with site conditions and operations. Review documents with an eye toward improving efficiencies in design, constructability, quality, compliance, safety, and cost savings. Work with senior engineers, operations, and consultants to update documents and permits to capture identified efficiencies.
- Interacts with state and local agencies to foster positive working relationships and to insure efficient and effective compliance with regulations.
- Assists in the preparation and/or review of engineering, monitoring and environmental reports.
- Works with operation teams to ensure compliance with permits and to prevent or resolve operational issues.
- Assists in environmental reviews and audits.
- Identifies and estimates the cost of, site capital needs and follow-through with inclusion in annual budget exercises.
- Works with landfill managers to formulate short-term and long-term goals and action plans in alignment with WM objectives.
- Assists and works alongside with senior level WM engineers on construction projects. Take responsibility for tasks as assigned by the lead WM engineer, such as contract administration, materials order and delivery, contractor scheduling, CQA oversight, etc.
- Develops an understanding of all permits governing the construction and operation of landfill disposal sites and other operations, such as waste transfer stations, collection operations and material recovery facilities, in an assigned area.
- Reviews and understands WM engineering and technical directives and Best Management Practices and implement at sites in your assigned area.
- Provides technical support to operations, sales staff, landfill managers and environmental staff, such as landfill gas technicians and other functional areas.
- Ability to draft reports or data submittals at state and local levels.
- Ability to follow established procedures and follow directions with minimal supervision.
- Possess effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interpret documents such as contracts, regulations, permit documents, procedural manuals, contracts and safety rules.
- Experience: Three (3) years of previous experience in an engineering, technical, or environmental field (in addition to education requirement).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to define problems, collect and interpret data and draw valid conclusions.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (accredited) in Engineering.
Company: Waste Management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Emelle, AL, US
Application Deadline: N/A