Students will apply to University Gateway when they have completed at least their Instrument Rating and are at the equivalent of at least junior class standing. The program is also open to recent graduates of partner schools who are currently working as flight instructors at their school.
- Candidate must fly for Cape Air, JetSuiteX or a Part 121 regional carrier (2,500+ hours of total flight experience) for at least 1,000 hours and complete their full commitment with the chosen carrier (as applicable)
- Once the plan has been approved, the crewmember will follow the plan and report to the mentor and Manager Pilot Gateway Programs for the duration of the program
- The candidate must apply to the program via the online application during the specified application window
- The candidate will be assigned a mentor for the duration of the program and will also have continued communication with the Manager Pilot Gateway Programs
- Candidate must graduate from their AABI-accredited university with a 3.0 GPA in their major
- The candidate must complete the entire JetBlue selection process
- Candidate must serve as a certified flight instructor at their school for at least 500 hours of dual given
- The candidate and mentor and/or the Manager Pilot Gateway Programs will devise a training/experience plan which will allow the candidate to achieve the satisfactory qualifications and experience to become a JetBlue First Officer.
- If selected, the candidate will receive a conditional job offer and must sign a letter of agreement stating that they understand the conditions and stipulations of the job offer.
- Junior, Senior or Recent Graduate standing
- Instrument Rating
- 3.0 GPA in major
- Student at a University Gateway partner school
- Ability to hold an FAA First-Class Medical Certificate
- Two letters of recommendation from professors
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Orlando, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A