Our Analyst/Junior Associate, Financial Institutions Group will be a member of the Correspondent Banking Coverage team and support a portfolio of primarily non-US banks/Correspondent Banks. The successful Analyst/Junior Associate may have the opportunity to take on direct client responsibility at some point.
- Combine client relationship management with strong risk assessment and management capabilities ensuring the required credit quality & returns on risk for individual relationships and across the portfolio of accounts.
- Maintain HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Support of Relationship Managers for a portfolio of US and Non-US Banks/Correspondent Banks. Work with clients and team members to coordinate the origination and execution of activities across the spectrum of Global Banking & Markets products/services.
- Ensure that all portfolios and relationships comply with all AML/KYC/Compliance based requirements. Understand, follow and demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including the Group Compliance policy.
- The Analyst/Junior Associate may also support presentations/escalations to and join governance forums.
- Understanding the particularities of the client base and risks the clients may pose to HSBC. Experience in Correspondent banking and knowledge of KYC/ AML procedures and risk management related to high risk sectors/Correspondent Banking preferre
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and clients and demonstration of commitment to excellence and perform to the highest standards and in line with HSBC’s values and business principles.
- Communication and organizational skills, proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, willingness to accelerate learning.
- Strong team player, who is able to collaborate (across HSBC’s network) with partners in Global Banking, product areas and support functions to deliver the full benefits of our Global
- Banking Coverage Model to our client base. This includes and understanding of understanding of the financial markets, particularly as it applies to HSBC Product suite such as cash, custody, asset finance, lending, trade finance, capital markets etc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A