Website Ford Motor Company
Our Interaction Designers build best-in-class digital experiences for people in a constantly evolving mobility landscape. Grounded in a deep understanding of user needs, we explore, design, prototype, and launch services to build experiences that bind together physical products, digital services, and human interactions.
- Lead multidisciplinary teams through the human-centered design process by inspiring process, and direction of all aspects of project work and deliverables
- Conceive, design, develop, test, and launch new products and services, applying systems thinking to information and experience design that engages people in meaningful ways
- Apply critical thinking to challenge the status quo and our ways of working, pushing the team and the lab at large on our definition of interaction design excellence
- Help elicit user problems and design opportunities during human-centered design research, grounding ideas and actionable concepts in user and business needs, design principles, and technical capabilities
- Guide and support your team in understanding and crafting seamlessly integrated product and service experiences through brand, people, space, product and service touchpoints along a service journey for consumer and business applications
- Lead the planning, design and operations of experiments of new products and services at varying levels of fidelity in alignment with learning goals and the confidence levels around problem, solution and form of implementation
- Plan and scope projects and teams according to business needs and design opportunities, setting teams up for success with an outspoken view on design practices
- Balance team autonomy and mentorship through harmonious collaboration and team engagement
- 7+ years’ of experience as a UX/Interaction/Product Designer working across a breadth of digital media.
- Experience leading service digital design projects and teams successfully in a professional setting in consumer and business applications and bring project to market
- Additional Bachelor’s in sociology, anthropology, psychology, or related degree.
- 4+ years of experience leading the human-centered design process with highly collaborative, multidisciplinary teams.
- Have a killer portfolio that “WOW!” even the toughest critic.
- Ability to innovate, visualize and prototype new concepts to demonstrate ideas and potential features!
- Bachelor’s degree
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s in user experience, human-computer interaction, interaction design, service design, graphic design, or digital design related-degree.
- Extensive experience with graphic design and digital design and prototyping tools such as Illustrator, Sketch, Figma, HTML/JS/CSS, InVision, Principle, and After Effects
- Deep expertise in Interaction & Visual Design, Information Architecture, UX
- Demonstrable experience in UX design and research in all phases across a variety of projects and mediums – including writing.
Company: Ford Motor Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dearborn, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A