Website Department of Higher Education and Training - DHET
The person appointed to this challenging position in the directorate Legal and Legislative Services: Skills and Corporate Services will be fully involved in all key performance areas: Litigation; Legislation; Dispute Resolution and Legal Advice and in the disciplinary processes of both middle and senior management
- Develop plans and strategic interventions related to the implementation of relevant legislation.
- Coordinate and liaise with relevant stakeholders/role players on effective implementation of the legal framework related to Skills Development.
- Draft, develop and compile legal documents; memoranda; reports and government notices
- Monitor and analyse legislation and provide legal advice on the impact of current legislation and Bills of other departments on the Department and recommend appropriate interventions.
- Conduct legal research and provide legal advice.
- Draft legal opinions and guidelines or any other policy to facilitate the implementation of the relevant legislation
- An appropriate LLB or 4 years recognised legal qualification.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of appropriate legal experience post obtaining the legal qualification;
- Admission as an Attorney or Advocate (preferably but not a requirement);
- Thorough and proven knowledge of labour relations and labour law in a unionised environment.
- Knowledge of Government and Departmental Policies and Strategies would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of the Public Finance Management Act and Regulations, Skills Development legislation and budgetary/financial management will also be an advantage.
- Skills and Competencies: Legal research and drafting skills (legislation; sub-ordinate legislation, legal opinions; agreements);
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A