Website Department of Higher Education and Training - DHET
The incumbent will be responsible to initiate and support interventions aimed at the recruitment of prospective students, particularly students with disabilities. Develop and monitor the implementation of the policy on mainstreaming disability support in TVET colleges.
- Develop and support programmes aimed at promoting inclusive education in TVET colleges.
- Assess and support the utilisation of the funds earmarked for students with disabilities.
- Develop and maintain a database of TVET college students with disabilities and the relevant stakeholders.
- Develop key messages to be communicated about TVET colleges.
- Develop, manage, and coordinate the hosting of and participation in outreach and marketing events aimed at profiling TVET colleges including the TVET Month Programme.
- Produce an annual calendar of events for marketing TVET colleges.
- Develop and disseminate promotional material for TVET institutions and their programme offerings
- An appropriate undergraduate qualification/Bachelor’s degree/advanced diploma (NQF Level 7) or equivalent qualification.
- A postgraduate qualification will be an added advantage. A minimum of five (5) to ten (10) years’ experience in coordinating and managing student support programmes of which three (3) years’ experience should be in coordinating disability support programmes.
- At least three (3) to five (5) years’ experience at the middle management level.
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant policies and legislation pertaining to the Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) landscape are of critical importance.
- Further requirements are excellent project management, problem-solving, report writing and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively within teams and in response to multiple stakeholder interests.
- Good computer skills are an essential requirement of work performance and reporting.
- Good knowledge of the Public Finance Management Act (PFMA) will be an added advantage.
- Willingness to travel and a valid driver’s licence.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A