Plans and implements activities related to the timely, cost–effective procurement, inventory control, planning and quality control of production materials. Develops, implements, and maintains policies, procedures, and material control systems to reduce costs, streamline procedures, and implement solutions.
- Ensures the availability of materials in the supply chain, as scheduled, and the maintenance of inventory at minimum acceptable levels.
- Responsible for sourcing and supplying raw materials, utilities and outside services, as well coordinating global procurement efforts.
- Coordinates with finance/accounting on matters involving inventory carrying costs.
- Reviews and plans requirements for acceptable inventory.
- May assist with the establishment and maintenance of the production control system.
- May work with customers in auditing customer inventory levels and with internal and external vendors to comply with inventory policies
- Understands relevant business strategies and impact on the functional area.
- Participates in establishing strategic plans and objectives.
- Works on abstract issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company.
- Recognized as a functional leader within the organization.
- Regularly interacts with executives and/or external parties on matters effecting the function.
- Oversees policies and procedures for immediate function.
- Viewed as a subject matter expert within specific area.
- Reviews objectives to determine success of operation. Involved in developing, modifying and executing company policies that affect immediate operations and may also have company-wide effect.
- Provides high-level guidance and support to employees and other managers.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Penang, Penang, Malaysia
Application Deadline: N/A