Will be called upon to troubleshoot and resolve service failures related to any Comcast products, to include but not be limited to Video (analog and digital,) Comcast Digital Voice (CDV,) and Comcast High Speed Data (CHSI) (including Home Networking and Home Plug.)
- Performs construction maintenance duties such as: splices aerial/underground coaxial cable and equipment to restore cable plant to system specification; splices and activates new coaxial plant; repairs and/or replace damaged aerial/underground plant; and inspects, repairs and/or replaces power supplies.
- Must have the ability to use basic cable installation tools and hand tools.
- Must have the ability to stay in sync with safety procedures and requirements. Lifts and carries loads of 70 lbs. or more.
- Performs underground location of existing plant using system prints and cable locating equipment in order to prevent cable damage and service interruption. Must have the ability to read general system layouts from blueprints.
- Performs CLI ride-out and track and repair leakage. Works and travels in inclement weather.
- Performs multi-product service calls for residential and residential like products. Troubleshoots the forward and return path in the drop from the tap to the customer’s equipment for multiple services. Must possess the ability to prioritize and organize effectively.
- Responds to and repairs service interruptions during regular business hours, shift work or when “On-calls. Normal work shift may include evenings and/or weekends; may include 10-hour days for 4 days a week. Must be available to work overtime including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Pre-wires single dwelling units and multiple dwelling units (MDUs) in order to provide “ready hook-up” capabilities at the time of occupancy. Works in crawl spaces, attics and permit required confined spaces. Exposure to moderate noise level.
- Reviews all requested services with the customer in order to ensure understanding and agreement; survey the installation route and review proposed route with the customer in order to obtain agreement on the location of cable outlet(s). Exposure to dogs and other animals, construction areas and the public in general as the need arises.
- Must possess knowledge of PC hardware, software and the Internet and the ability to troubleshoot and resolve related service failures.
- Must have knowledge of components on the PC desktop and ability to perform the following: launch an application; add a shortcut; log into and navigate through a dial-up or other internet service; install software like Microsoft Internet Explorer, Netscape Communicator, Microsoft Windows, MS Office applications, educational software or games; navigate through a file system via the DOS prompt or window interface; access the Control Panel to configure components such as a printer, modem and monitor.
- Required Training/Licenses/Certifications: Certified CommTech 4; Valid drivers license and satisfactory driving record. Will successfully complete training and instruction that includes, but not be limited to, the following topics (training should reflect the Network CommTech 4 Proficiencies document): Cable Theory and Terms, Construction Practices, Troubleshooting to
- Node and Return Path, Track and Repairs CLI, Power Supply Maintenance, Forward and Reverse Alignment and Safety Program.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime.
- Must have fifteen months cable telecommunications (and/or broadband) or similar experience. Possesses: knowledge of cable television products and services, basic knowledge of cable system operations, basic knowledge of a cable system overview and basic knowledge of the history of cable and Comcast.
- Applies knowledge and skills of training on the job in order to prepare for promotion to the next level.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dallas, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A