The Plant Accountant has primary responsibility for the execution of site finance and accounting activities, with oversight from the Plant Controller (Business Support Manager). This role will enable plant operations by ensuring vendor accounts are paid timely, journal entries are booked as needed, and other accounting processes are adhering to regulations.
- Work with Cost Center owners to understand data trends and make recommendations.
- Identify and implement improvements in processes, responsibilities, templates, and systems in order to drive overall efficiency and effectiveness of the role while continuing to maintain a strong control environment.
- Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; establishes internal controls and guidelines for accounting transactions and budget preparation.
- Oversees the production of periodic financial reports; ensures that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles and company financial reporting standards.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects as required.
- Ensure accuracy and timely completion of purchases, payments, accruals and other journal entries as needed.
- Provides financial analysis and presents recommendations to management on short- and long-term financial objectives and policies.
- Oversees preparation of business activity reports, financial forecasts, and annual budgets.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
- Provide direction and coaching support for one direct report.
- Produces the annual budget and forecasts; reports significant budget differences to management.
- Work with sourcing and legal counterparts to set-up new vendors.
- Superior attention to detail
- SAP or other ERP systems experience
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- 3-5 years of relevant experience, experience in public accounting
- Ability to work well independently as well as in a team environment
- BA/BS in Finance or Accounting
- Strong analytical skills, with ability to prioritize
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Martinsburg, WV, US
Application Deadline: N/A