Website City of Houston
This position conducts regulatory review of development proposals and subdivision plat applications; researches development activity, considers policy trends, and prepares recommendations; interacts directly with the public, developers, engineers, architects and other professionals; and makes presentations to the Planning Commission, city officials, other boards and agencies.
- Works closely with the public on basic planning programs, requirements, or ordinances
- Provides technical assistance and professional support in the administration of specific planning programs, regulations, or ordinances.
- Performs routine administrative tasks in designated planning program areas; including data entry, file management, and responding to customer inquiries.
- Reviews, or assists in reviewing, development proposals of limited complexity for compliance with applicable regulations
- Prepares maps and other graphical representations of data of varying complexity.
- Researches and compiles information on a variety of planning issues from multiple sources.
- Should have an interest in how properties are planned for development. Development includes property acquisition, subdivision and construction.
- Requires basic knowledge of planning principles and practices.
- Knowledge of this level is typically obtained through a Bachelor’s degree in Urban Planning, Architecture, Civil Engineering, Geography, Public Policy or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
- Demonstrated knowledge of planning and transportation principles and; excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail; Novice in ArcGIS and Microsoft Office; Demonstrated time management and organizational skills;
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines; Adapts well to changes; Demonstrated success working with diverse clientele.
Company: City of Houston
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A