Website City of Houston
Reports directly to the Director of the Mayor’s Office for Adult Literacy (MOAL) and assists in the development, planning, managing and execution of the American Recue Plan Act (ARPA) Digital Literacy Equity Project Grant Award; manages grant project from inception and project definition to implementation and post-implementation analysis and planning.
- Manages, and prepares budgets and plans for all resources required for the project, including personnel and equipment, and ensures compliance with requirements.
- Leads the planning and implementation of overall grant project, working closely with relevant stakeholders within the City of Houston, Houston
- Public Library and Mayors Office for Adult Literacy.
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Prepares technical, programmatic, and financial reports for submission by required deadlines; maintains various databases, records, and files and ensures project documents are complete, current and filed appropriately.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of grant project and scope, ensuring quality and timeliness of project deliverables. Assures the alignment between project-objective implementation and the Houston Adult Literacy Blueprint.
- Serves as a liaison among divisions, City departments, partners, and committees directing and resolving problems.
- Communicates and presents reports defining project progress, problems and solutions to stakeholders
- Coordinates and implements ARPA grant-related meetings with internal stakeholders to ensure project advancement and compliance.
- Attends all ARPA grant related meetings as directed by COH ARPA team.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Political Science, Psychology or a closely related field.
- Fluency in languages other than English preferred.
- Three (3) years of experience in personnel, administration, accounting or a closely related field are required.
- Four years of experience managing grants in adult literacy, adult education, digital literacy projects, or a closely related field are preferred.
- Directly related professional experience may be substituted for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis
- Service experience with community-based projects for under-resourced communities, coordinating outcome-based team initiatives, experience with common, frequently used educational technologies, search engines, multimedia, broadband connectivity programs, additional virtual and mobile tools applicable to this project’s goals for digital literacy equity and inclusion.
- Three to five years of professional experience in project management
- Prior work experience with nonprofit and/or government sectors in the areas of adult education, digital literacy, grant writing, program development, and administration, etc.)
- Industry-recognized certifications in related field(s) a plus.
Company: City of Houston
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A