The Applications Development Senior Programmer Analyst is an intermediate level position responsible for participation in the establishment and implementation of new or revised application systems and programs in coordination with the Technology team. The overall objective of this role is to contribute to applications systems analysis and programming activities.
- Conduct tasks related to feasibility studies, time and cost estimates, IT planning, risk technology, applications development, model development, and establish and implement new or revised applications systems and programs to meet specific business needs or user areas
- Monitor and control all phases of development process and analysis, design, construction, testing, and implementation as well as provide user and operational support on applications to business users
- Serve as advisor or coach to new or lower level analysts
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Utilize in-depth specialty knowledge of applications development to analyze complex problems/issues, provide evaluation of business process, system process, and industry standards, and make evaluative judgement
- Recommend and develop security measures in post implementation analysis of business usage to ensure successful system design and functionality
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Consult with users/clients and other technology groups on issues, recommend advanced programming solutions, and install and assist customer exposure systems
- Ensure essential procedures are followed and help define operating standards and processes
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of consulting/project management techniques/methods
- Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines or unexpected changes in expectations or requirements
- Experience in systems analysis and programming of software applications
- Experience in managing and implementing successful projects
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A