The individual will be responsible for working collaboratively with Operations, Technology, Compliance, Internal Audit and the business, to maintain strong working relationship and support proactive governance and control management.
The role will involve working in conjunction with the Reporting team supervisors in Belfast and Senior Management in London to highlight issues and raise solutions through interpretation of submitted data.
- The individual will be responsible for working collaboratively with Operations Regulatory Control, Technology, and key business stakeholders to maintain a strong working relationship and a best in class approach to proactive exception management
- Partnering with ORC Change Management and QA to ensure adequate issue documentation, testing and resolution implementation. Ensure all required sign-offs and audit trails are maintained and meet a standardised approach.
- Help drive implementation and perform monitoring and testing of firms submission data and exceptions/rejections to develop appropriate controls to drive the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of regulatory reporting obligations within ORC.
- To verify ongoing compliance with the regulatory requirement.
- Review, Design and Enhance key metrics and KPIs relevant to numerous regulations and assist with reporting to key stakeholders and senior management.
- Key tasks to involve the monitoring of numerous regulatory processes within the Reporting team in Belfast, and to support the successful identification and remediation of failed controls (specifically but not limited to, the analysis of keys controls, UAT of future enhancements and regulatory reporting remediation tasks)
- Extensive liaison with internal customers, notably Business Units, Information Technology, Other ORC areas and Compliance Management, whilst fostering partnerships with key contacts with open and honest feedback;
- Experience of working within a control environment;
- Experience of Regulatory reporting/Risk and Control (preferable)
- Proactive, able to work on initiative and organize themselves well
- Ability to communicate effectively facilitating interaction with clients, own team and operations management. Ability to detail issues, in writing, in a clear, accurate and concise manner
- Analytical and Numerate proven ability to research and identify large and complex issues
- Demonstrates sound judgement and professionalism in decision making/problem solving, escalating to supervisor as appropriate
- Understand impact of external factors (e.g. regulatory changes) on departmental strategy;
- Good Microsoft skills including Excel, Word and Outlook
- GSCE “A” Level standard or equivalent
- Good numeric skills desirable
- Experience of compiling large volumes of data and analysing results
- Experience of exception based controls and processing;
- Bachelors degree (preferable)
- Industry exams e.g. FCA module exams or a full affiliate status
- Real attention to detail
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A