Provides counsel and advice to top management on significant Database Administration & Management matters, often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Coordinates with senior leaders to determine requirements.
- Analyzes, designs, creates and implements complex databases including access methods, device allocations, validation checks, organization and security.
- Develops the most complex database systems for the organization.
- May participate in vendor selection and relationship management.
- Reviews systems under development and related documentation.
- Focuses on providing thought leadership and technical expertise across multiple disciplines.
- Liaisons with database software vendors and external technical support on issues such as software upgrades, problems and potential solutions.
- Leads project teams, monitoring project schedules and costs.
- Designs complex data models, logical and physical databases, data dictionaries and schemas.
- Interprets internal or external issues and recommends solutions/best practices.
- DB2 utilities – REORG, Unload, Load, COPY, etc
- REXX and/or Clist experience
- Performance monitoring and reporting
- DB2 Commands – Start, Stop , Display, etc
- High school diploma required; 7+ years of relevant working experience
- Relational Design expertise
- SQL expertise
- Relational integrity relationships
- Explains and Access Path interpret the method being used to access the data
- DB2 v11+ experience
- 3rd part vendor tool usage and knowledge
- Process automation
- DB2 DDL experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: United States
Application Deadline: N/A