The Clinical Pharmacist assists in the development and execution of numerous initiatives that improve the quality or cost effectiveness of drug therapy in coordination with other care team members for Cigna Medical Group. This role supports Diabetes Medication Management, quality initiatives (MTM, SPC, SUPD) and Medication Review Post Hospital Discharge activities.
- Serve as a clinical pharmacy resource for pharmacists and providers.
- Responsible for development and monitoring of internal detailing process.
- Provider, patient and pharmacy education through newsletters, presentations/in-services and one-on-one contact.
- Assist in the development, support and monitoring of disease management and drug utilization management programs.
- Provide coverage for Clinical Pharmacy staff.
- Identify classes of drug therapy with potential for improvement in quality of care, increased efficiency, and improved cost-effectiveness.
- Frequent one-on-one contact with providers to discuss quality of care, cost effectiveness and utilization management.
- Successfully complete a background check and drug screen if you are rehired 90 days or more after your retirement date.
- Wait at least 120 consecutive days from the date you were last employed as a Regular employee with a Cigna Company before applying for or arranging Encore employment or return as an
- Encore employee working less than 12 hours per week
- Have at least five years of service as a Regular employee with a Cigna company.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate and maintain effective interpersonal and working relationships with professional and support staff, providers and all customers.
- Proficient with Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Minimum of 2 years pharmacy experience with a current and exemplary body of clinical pharmacy knowledge
- Complete an application for employment through the public internet site
- Be a CIGNA Retiree at least 55 years of age.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Pharmacy License active in State of Arizona required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy required; PharmD preferred
- Ability to effectively educate Providers and staff members
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tempe, AZ, US
Application Deadline: N/A