This role primarily serves as a team leader in the JOINING & ADVANCED STRUCTURES group in the Manufacturing Technology & Solutions division. This role leads cross functional teams to solve complex technical problems and develop analytical processes and tools that assess structural durability.
- Connect research team members directly with product team members across the enterprise to better align research and services with current needs.
- Educate the community on the progress of current structures research and available technical services.
- Share success stories of applied-structures research and technical services.
- Requires an accredited Bachelor’s degree in engineering and suitable engineering experience (10 years minimum).
- 3 years minimum engineering in structural simulation experience is required.
- Experience with fracture mechanics, optimization, and reliability analysis tools is desired.
- Experience in more than one engineering competencies desirable.
- Prior product group experience is desired.
- Thorough understanding of fatigue analysis methods, structures, and weld fatigue.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tucson, AZ, US
Application Deadline: N/A