The Information Security team runs multiple specialized hardware and software platforms to assist with day to day operations of the Information Security Operations team. The tools in use are primarily unix based systems but can have varying custom configurations for specialty detections. The Information Security team regularly monitors both endpoints as well as the network for threats to the company’s IT resources and personnel.
- Perform maintenance and upgrade tasks including patching of systems
- Assist with global product rollout and deployment
- Schedule and perform changes and downtime as needed to ensure continued operations
- Assist with user management across all platforms
- Perform capacity management tasks to ensure systems are able to handle the traffic load and provide growth forecasts
- Provide health & Wellness checks to the Infosec hardware and software platforms
- Perform basic policy work on different platforms to meet detection needs
- Troubleshoot outages and open support tickets with respective vendors to resolve issues
- Assist with proof of concept projects
- Assist with hardware installations and upgrades
- Work with internal infrastructure teams to coordinate installations and cabling of new machines
- Flexibility to work in an operations environment. Occasional night/weekend work will be required.
- Familiarity with information security toolsets including DLP, Network Scanning, Endpoint detections, SIEM’s and cloud tools.
- Prior experience is managing devices supporting InfoSec & running embedded Linux will be a plus
- Must be familiar with networking fundamentals and operating system level networking configurations on a Unix/Linux
- Must be able to communicate effectively with global stakeholders in an enterprise environment
- Strong understanding and hands knowledge on Shell/Bash scripting to automate and simplify repetitive tasks
- 5-6 years of It experience with a min of 3 managing Linux/Unix systems
- Must be familiar is managing and updating system OS & security patches and firmware for systems running Unix operating systems
- Strong understanding of Linux OS administration and operating system fundamentals for but not limited to RedHat, Fedora, Ubuntu & CentOS
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lansing, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A