Website Barnes & Noble, Inc.
The Support Technician provides first-level support for all calls and tickets coming into the Barnes & Noble Store Systems Help Desk.
- Provide proper follow up of all unresolved issues regarding not only calls personally received, but any open calls in our system.
- Identify and communicate any patterns or trends of incoming calls to Help Desk Management.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve technical issues from all stores.
- Place and expedite service calls with our outside vendors when on-site assistance is required.
- Escalate any store issues as necessary to the proper level of support.
- Ensure all activity is clearly documented in the issue tracking system.
- Provide technical or logistical support to any projects as assigned.
- Strong focus on customer relationships and the ability to work and collaborate in a team environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs
- PC hardware and troubleshooting knowledge
- Knowledge of Dell PowerEdge Server a plus
- Associate’s degree or technical school certificate required along with 1-2 year’s related experience, preferably in a Call Center environment
- Experience with Remote access tools, single sign on solutions, and utilizing basic Active Directory tools.
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP Network devices and Printers. (General network connectivity issues)
- Experience with Phone Support for a large Enterprise
- General knowledge of Microsoft Operating systems. Knowledge of Apple devices a plus. (Windows 7, 8.1,10 and Windows Server 2012 operating systems)
- Knowledge of Meraki Access Points a plus
- Knowledge of Cisco and Meraki Routers and switches a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and analytical, problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Dell and HP PCs a plus
- Basic WAN/LAN knowledge
Company: Barnes & Noble, Inc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Westbury, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A