Website Barnes & Noble, Inc.
To be a great bookseller, you provide excellent customer service which is friendly, genuine and professional, and you always put the customers first ahead of everything and anything else. You make the shopping experience engaging and interactive by enthusiastically sharing your knowledge whether face to face or over the phone, helping a customer choose a new book, or a special gift.
- Work on the selling floor, which requires physical activity (i.e., prolonged standing, repetitive bending, lifting, climbing), and Café when needed.
- Create a welcoming environment for customers where you engage with them and share your love and knowledge of books and make relevant recommendations.
- Leverage key campaigns such as Our Monthly Picks, preorders, etc., to hand sell and engage in conversation with every customer.
- Educate yourself continuously on books and the industry, supporting the store with this knowledge to give customers a great experience when they visit and shop.
- Help with events and community outreach.
- Ensure a vibrant bookstore through the flawless execution of bookstore basics, showing a commitment to presentation, commerciality, section detail, localization and sense of theater.
- Protect company assets by adhering to all processes in controlling shrink, expense and payroll.
- Identify key titles and communicate with your store team on opportunities to tailor the merchandise selection to reflect the community.
- Recognize and offer to help both customers and employees with urgency and care.
- Keep the store neat and tidy, creating displays and ensuring the bookstore is always shoppable and inviting.
- Model expected behaviors to ensure compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Grow knowledge of books, the industry and the market.
- Enjoy making recommendations and engaging with others.
- Accept responsibility and execute all assignments correctly and with care.
- Exhibit and demonstrate initiative.
- Treat customers as the first priority at all times.
- Support company goals and initiatives and is a team player.
- Show respect and kindness to fellow booksellers and customers.
- Positive and can-do attitude.
- Can clearly and respectfully communicate and express oneself.
- Passionate reader and knowledgeable about books.
- Listen to people and enjoy solving problems.
- Enjoy working with people.
- Energized by working in an ever-changing environment.
Company: Barnes & Noble, Inc.
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Dallas, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A