Website Barnes & Noble, Inc.
As a cafe manager (CM), you enjoy working with people and are passionate about creating memorable experiences for our customers and baristas. This passion translates to running an exceptional Cafe, one which delivers the best customer experience, the perfect handcrafted beverage and food products and inspires a team of talented baristas.
- Interview and hire baristas that will provide an optimal shopping experience for our customers.
- Manage product quality, preparation and presentation standards.
- Review financials such as P&L, product mix, category sales, waste and gross margin reports in order to maximize our sales and profitability.
- Communicate with your cafe team respectfully and in a timely manner on key issues and messages, creating a culture that demonstrates the values of the company.
- Demonstrate how to deliver the cafe customer experience by ensuring consistent, friendly, personal service and thoughtful recommendations, first by the example you set and second by the training on first-class service you deliver to the entire cafe team.
- Develop the cafe team through engagement and coaching; work with team by providing feedback to assess and recommend talent for development in the store.
- Work in the Cafe which requires physical activity (i.e., prolonged standing, repetitive bending, lifting, climbing, operating espresso machines).
- Ensure the achievement of sales goals and deliver operational excellence to maximize efficiency and minimize loss through timely execution of all processes.
- Ensure compliance to cafe standards as it pertains to safety, customer communications and all store operations.
- Ensure a vibrant Cafe by delivering on our commitment to presentation and cleanliness.
- Manage cafe inventory levels by following cafe ordering practices.
- Solid cafe, food service or hospitality knowledge.
- Experience building collaborative and productive working relationships at all levels.
- Deliver honest and constructive feedback.
- Ability to communicate effectively and comfortably.
- Able to delegate and work through others.
- At least two years of management experience, preferably in retail, food service or hospitality.
- Can empathize with and understand people.
- Passionate about the cafe business and has excellent standards of service.
- Understand the cafe business and impact of ordering and sales upon results.
- Can solve problems through good decision making and knows when to take partnership.
- Knowledge of food safety, regulations and standards.
- Effective organization, planning and prioritization of workload.
- Experience in managing and developing employees at all levels.
Company: Barnes & Noble, Inc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lancaster, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A