Senior Big Data engineers in the AI & Data Science platform are specialised in big data, and its associated preparation, processing and provision for use by Data and Machine Learning Scientists.
- Design and build big data pipelines which are scalable, repeatable, and secure, and can reliably provide the quality and throughput of data required for complex machine learning workloads using extremely large datasets.
- Continually develop and improve our code and technology, whilst playing an active role in the conception of brand-new features for our millions of global customers.
- Delivering high-quality software which is future proof, scalable and in-line with ASOS standards.
- Joining our regular Tech Develops days to learn new things, take part in internal and external hackathons, share your knowledge and help to drive improvements in engineering.
- Work on a number of big data projects throughout the software delivery lifecycle.
- Research and experiment with emerging data technologies and industry trends with a view to bringing business value through early adoption
- Working as part of an enthusiastic and motivated development team comprised of software engineers, scientists, platform engineers, solution architects and analysts, to ensure the technical requirements of our numerous stakeholders are met in the most efficient way.
- Using the latest tech, such as Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks, Spark, Event Hub and Azure Stream Analytics.
- Strong Cloud (Azure/AWS/Google) experience, preferably Azure.
- Comprehensive programming knowledge and experience in Scala and/or Python, ideally both
- Knowledge of RDBMS, ETL and Data Warehouse Technologies
- Experience in building real time/batch data, high throughput processing infrastructure
- Experience in delivering services that are highly-available, low-latency and scalable
- Configuration management
- Infrastructure automation using a scripting language like bash or powershell
- Experience with CI/CD tools like Azure DevOps, Ansible, TeamCity, Jenkins, Octopus
- Strong understanding of Big Data core concepts and technologies
- Fully-automated provisioning and application deployment pipelines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A