The Operating Supervisor develops and presents training to Licensed Operators, Shift Technical Advisors and Non-licensed Operators.
- Maintain training facilities consistent with standards of excellence for housekeeping and material condition.
- Reinforce management expectations during training activities including nuclear and personnel safety, human performance error reduction techniques, and ALARA principles.
- Supervise the activities and conduct of the trainees during periods of training. Provide coaching and counseling to students when academic or behavioral problems arise.
- Develop and use effective training techniques to deliver training and maximize student learning.
- Participate in Training Oversight Committees (TOC).
- Provide effective support during Refuel outages and effectively fulfill duties of the assigned radiological emergency response position.
- Facilitate meaningful student feedback and modify training materials as appropriate.
- Develop, administer and maintain Job and Task Analyses.
- Administer initial and continuing training programs including classroom, laboratory, and simulator instruction; preparation, administration and grading of examinations; evaluation of trainee performance, and scheduling and coordinating training course presentations.
- Maintain training records and documentation.
- Implement effective analysis, design and development of training materials in accordance with the Systematic Approach to Training process.
- Currently a Licensed Reactor Operator with one or more years of experience in the position,
- Previously a Licensed Reactor Operator at a commercial reactor with at least 1.5 years of experience in the position,
- Qualified Reactor Operator (RO), Engineering Watch Supervisor (EWS), Propulsion Plant Watch Supervisor (PPWS), or Engineering Officer of the Watch (EOOW) on a military reactor for a minimum of 2 years,
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or related sciences with a minimum of 1.5 years of nuclear power plant experience.
- Current or previously licensed RO/SRO or certified SRO preferred.
- Previous training experience preferred. Four-loop Westinghouse PWR experience preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Steedman, MO, US
Application Deadline: N/A