Maintains a deep understanding of the threat landscape and ensures cybersecurity technology is effectively configured to detect threats.
- Provides support in monitoring networks for attacks, malicious software, intrusions and threats.
- Assists and develops familiarity with a single security process (e.g., either network or endpoint security) and prevention and detection techniques.
- Builds familiarity of organizational threat intelligence programs.
- Works with and supports the overall process for defining, implementing and enforcing cybersecurity policies, standards, procedures and guidelines and controls.
- Provides monitoring capabilities to assess the effectiveness of Digital controls.
- Implements remediation plans, under guidance of senior analysts.
- Assists with application security team activities and supports applications security projects and programs.
- Develops familiarity with vulnerabilities identifications; develops daily/weekly reports using vulnerabilities/threats data.
- Assists in securing security measures to protect the organization’s technology (e.g., applications, networks and systems).
- Understands and gains familiarity with a single business segment’s (e.g., Power Operations, Transmission, Gas, Distribution, Nuclear) security networks and requirements.
- Maintains existing risk mitigation frameworks, makes updates and changes per new roadmaps/plans.
- Supports cybersecurity engagement and outreach within Ameren.
- Assists in securing network and endpoint anti-virus, HIPS, disk encryption, and data loss prevention solutions.
- Provides cybersecurity and network support for operational systems.
- Will consider candidates without a degree if they have shown/demonstrated having additional 2+ years of equivalent, relevant experience in the tools, systems, and initiatives leveraged by Ameren.
- Conceptual knowledge of common security tools.
- Conceptual knowledge of managing and securing technologies of the specific platform/area. Conceptual knowledge of defensive techniques — authentication mechanisms, intrusion mechanisms, networking.
- Demonstrates basic analytical skills.
- 0+ years of relevant experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in engineering, mathematics, computer science, business, or cybersecurity.
- Professional certification (e.g. Security+, Network+, OSCP, GIAC, CDH) preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Steedman, MO, US
Application Deadline: N/A