As a Cloud Support Engineer, you will act as the ‘Cloud Ambassador’ across all the cloud products, arming our customers with required tools & tactics to get the most out of their Product and Support investment.
- Interact with leading engineers around the world.
- Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that may span multiple AWS services.
- Learn and use groundbreaking technologies.
- Drive customer communication during critical events.
- Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers’ individual needs.
- Leverage your extensive customer support experience to provide feedback to internal AWS teams on how to improve our services.
- Partner with Amazon Web Services teams to help reproduce and resolve customer issues.
- Write tutorials, how-to videos, and other technical articles for the developer community.
- Drive projects that improve support-related processes and our customers’ technical support experience.
- Good understanding of distributed computing environments.
- Exposure to Virtualization (Hyper-V, VMware, Xen).
- Strong analysis and troubleshooting skills and experience.
- Experience with Network troubleshooting tools (telnet, test-netconnection, tracert, tracetcp, iperf, ntttcp, dig, and packet capture tools).
- Experience in Networking technologies including DNS, TCP/IP, SSL, DHCP and Load Balancing.
- Experience with System Administration with Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS, RedHat) and/or Microsoft Windows Server and associated technologies (Active Directory, Exchange).
- Expert experience in one or more modern programming languages such as Java, C++, or C.JDBC, Hibernate or JPA. We use Java and C within the DMS team.
- Experience managing full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications.
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems, and/or distributed systems.
- Experience with programming/scripting (Batch, VB, PowerShell, Java, C#, Chef, Perl, Ruby and/or PHP).
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A